Texacote uses a range of high performance exterior wall insulation systems from a number of manufacturers to suit a variety of exterior surfaces and customer's requirements.
This involves fixing an insulating layer to the outside of the house, and putting a render or cladding over the top. Render is generally the cheaper option. Cladding comes in a variety of forms including brick, tiles, timber or shingles.
You may need planning permission for external wall insulation, so make sure you check with your planning department before going ahead. It may not be suitable for the front of some period houses, but you may be able to insulate the back.
The most common insulating material is polystyrene. The render finish usually consists of a reinforced base coat followed by a decorative mineral or synthetic finish. EWI Systems increase a properties energy efficiency reducing fuel bills.
External Wall Insulation can also reduce ‘cold spots’ and hence alleviate condensation.
Aesthetically adding an EWI system can totally transform and modernize the look of your home.
1. Reduces heating bills by reducing heat loss through walls
2. Thermal efficiency of walls can be increased by 85%
3. Environmentally friendly – reduces carbon emissions as you use less fossil fuel
4. Reduce condensation (EWI raises the temperature of internal walls)
5. Prevent damp & mould: EWI seals buildings from the elements
6. Improve acoustics: hi-density insulation reduces sound transfer